Copyright Usage Rights
Whether you commission us for a newborn or family session, chances are you already have or may want to purchase digital negatives from us for your own personal use. When you invest in digital files, you are buying “permission” to copy and print the digital negatives as much as you like. They are for personal use only and and may not be used for ANY commercial purpose. This includes advertising, contests or mass publication (facebook and other social media outlets are considered personal use as long as they are posted under your personal account). Of course, the best thing to do with your negatives is PRINT THEM! But where to begin?
Printing Do’s and Don’ts
- What you don’t want to do is print them on a home printer.
- Printing is an art. Unless you know what you are doing, it can be challenging to get a quality print that looks like what you see on your screen.
- Color space, monitor calibration, paper profiles and printer technology are advanced stuff, so we suggest leaving that to the pros.
- Speaking of pros, when your purchase negatives from us we will upload your files to our consumer online website that offers a collaboration of professional labs. They are a consumer division of pro print lab that professional photographers use worldwide. Their prices are VERY competitive with other lower quality labs like Costco or Walmart.
- When we edit your images in Photoshop, we are embedding color “data” into the file that a professional lab with advanced equipment can read. They will print the negatives according to that color data, so the print you receive from them will be exactly as we saw it on our screens here at the studio.
- You can go online to order your prints in any size and finish. It will be very competitively priced with nay other consumer lab, but with triple the quality! Plus, they will deliver your prints straight to your front door in a matter of days. Convenient and easy!
What To Order
- E-surface prints are the standard prints that you are used to on photographic paper.
- Metallic paper is a fun option to show off color images as the the metallic finish will really make the colors pop.
- Your images may be printed up to 8 x 10, or up to 30 x 40, depending on which version you purchased with us. Enlargements bigger than 8 x 10 should be mounted on single weight mat board, styrene or foam core. Masonite is best for prints larger than 16 x 20. Mounting provides a solid substrate for larger images, prevents them from wrinkling and makes them MUCH EASIER to frame.
- Adding a lustre coating to E-surface paper prints will help protect the image from dust and UV light and is highly recommended.
You will see there are lots of other fun options for your images. As a client of Caudillo Studios, you have access to this professional lab, and your products can be delivered within just a few days to your front door. Ordering through our site will ensure that the images you receive are as close as possible to what we edited on our screen here at the studio.
When your purchased digital files are edited and ready for delivery, we will be archiving them on a USB drive for you as well as uploading them to your personal folder on our site. A link will be emailed to you with a link to your online ordering account, along with a username and password, so you can order prints and products at your convenience.