Katie Amber CPP, Austin Professional Photographers Association’s Photographer of the Year, specializes in maternity, family and newborn photography in Austin, Texas. With 25 years experience in portrait and newborn photography, Katie has narrowed her photographic focus to working with moms-to-be and the families they lovingly create and care for. Katie’s feminine photographic style allows her to connect deeply with her photography clients, as she works with them through some of the most emotional and rewarding experiences of their lives; pregnancy, childbirth, and raising their children from newborn babies to empowered adults.
Katie is an award-winning newborn photographer with numerous ribbons, trophies and photographs that have been displayed at Imaging USA’s International Print Competition’s General & Loan Collections. Katie Amber attends multiple photographic conferences, classes and events throughout the year to continually grow her technical and artistic skills in maternity, family, and especially, newborn photography. Katie is a member of the Professional Photographers of America (PPA), Southwest Professional Photographers Association (SWPPA), Texas Professional Photographers Association (TPPA) and has served on the Board of Directors for Austin Professional Photographers Association (APPA) for years.
Katie’s three children have taught her many things about what it means to be a family. Her family, maternity and newborn photography is her way of sharing her family’s heart and soul with the mom’s, newborns, children and families she photographs. She considers her clients to be part of her family, and great care is taken to ensure that every client is treated to a special and unique experience, resulting in beautiful portraits of themselves, their newborns, their children, and their families.
Portrait photography is both an art and a science, and maternity and newborn photography are especially so. Katie, as a Certified Professional Photographer, understands the technical and artistic aspects of portrait photography. She loves what she does, and it shows in her photography. You are going to LOVE working with her to create beautiful, timeless and meaningful photographic images of you and your family.
Notable & Recent Awards
– Rookie of the Year – 1999
– Small Business Excellence in Innovation – 2005
– Certified Professional Photographer – 2011
– 2 Images / Honor of Exhibition TPPA – 2013
– Distinguished Album TPPA – 2013
– 3 Images / Honor of Exhibition PPA – 2013
– 2 Images / Honor of Exhibition SWPPA – 2014
– PPA Photographer of the Year – 2014
– Austin PPA Photographer of the Year – 2014
– Honor of Exhibition SWPPA – 2015
– Honor of Exhibition PPA – 2015
– Honor of Exhibition SWPPA – 2016
– Best in Show Austin PPA – 2016
– Judge’s Choice Austin PPA – 2016
– 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Portrait APPA – 2016
– 2nd Place Album Austin PPA – 2016
– Highest Print Case Austin PPA – 2016
– Distinguished Album TPPA – 2016
– Best Newborn Photographers in Austin 2016
– 3/General Collection & 1/Loan Collection PPA- 2016